Domain name explained
Looking up a domain name
What is a domain name and what rules apply? To check whether a domain name's available, use the Whois. If a domain name's already in use, the Whois will give details.
Registering a domain name
You register a domain name through a registrar. Read how you do that and what you should consider, e.g. securing your domain name. There's also info about how we protect your privacy.
Updating your registration
If your registration needs updating, you do that through your registrar. Use the links for details of the different types of update.
Disputes and complaints
Do you believe that a domain name's use is wrong, unethical or unlawful? Do you have a problem with the content linked to a domain name? Use the links to see what you can do. There are also links to legal information about domain names and advice on what to do if you have a complaint.
- Verification of registration data
- Domain name cancellation at registrar's request
- Infringement of rights
- Complaining about a domain name
- Complaining about the content of a website
- Attachment and seizure of a domain name
- Frozen domain name
- Domain name jurisprudence
- Complaining about a registrar
- Complaining about us
- Appealing against an SIDN decision