Technical Application Manager
Keeping applications running for the registration of 5.8 million domain names
- Fulltime: 38 hours a week
- Experience: min. 5 years
- Education: Higher vocational
- Salary: € 2,695 to € 4,540 for a 38-hour week
I make sure our applications are up to date and working properly, and I fix problems with them.
What you'll be doing
Being responsible for all .nl domains, with so many people depending on us, SIDN needs a solid technical base and efficient applications. And that's what we have. But an organisation built on IT also needs people to keep everything running smoothly and make sure it's easy to use. That's where you come in. We need your help to keep our applications running for the registration of 5.8 million-plus domain names. Your professionalism and customer focus will be reflected in the way that you:
- Monitor the availability, performance and security of our applications
- Deal with any incidents that might occur
- Prepare and perform modifications to our applications
- Install and configure new releases
- Do more creative work, such as challenging and innovative (internet) projects
What we want
At SIDN, you'll be working for a reliable, innovative employer. As Technical Application Manager, you'll know how to install, configure and maintain our operationally critical applications. And you'll use your knowledge in a team setting. We have a strong team spirit, which drives a desire for continuous improvement. To fit in, you'll be open to new ideas, focused on finding the most practical solutions and ready to accept responsibility. That's the kind of person we like. Being stress-proof and accurate is important too, because that'll help you make a difference as Technical Application Manager. Those strengths are the product of:
- Higher vocational-level working and reasoning
- At least five years' experience managing applications, middleware and databases in a Linux-oriented environment
- Knowledge and experience of Java, Weblogic, Tomee, Oracle and Postgres, which we use at SIDN (but, if you have experience with similar applications, e.g. Jboss and MySQL, we'd still like to hear from you)
- Experience in scripting (bash/python)
- The ability to document your own activities
- Familiarity and preferably experience with concepts such as Agile, Scrum and Kanban and enthusiasm for their use within the organisation
SIDN, in full the Foundation for Internet Domain Registration in the Netherlands, is an independent organisation that manages the .nl domain. In 2017, we joined forces with Connectis to reinforce the market for digital identities as well.Connectis supplies software and ID tokens for secure access to public and private services. There's more to domain name registration and secure log-ins than you might expect. We therefore have a team of 150 people dedicated to ensuring that the Dutch internet is as secure and trustworthy as possible. Some are based in Arnhem, others in Rotterdam.
Take a look at the missions and visions of SIDN and Connectis for a fuller picture of who we are and what we stand for. At SIDN and Connectis, you'll see more jeans and tee-shirts than sharp suits. It's a setting where you can be yourself. And there's always something going on: family days, Christmas dinners, sports days, barbecues and even weekends away together. Join in or do your own thing; it's fine either way. Maybe we'll see you soon?
What you can expect
As Technical Application Manager, you'll be part of the four-strong team that keeps our applications running. Each person on the team has one or more specialisms, such as middleware or databases. And everyone uses their knowledge for innovation and optimisation within SIDN. The team is all about a continuous process of searching for ways to improve things and putting improvement ideas into practice. You'll be working at our offices in Arnhem, which are easy to reach from the A12 by car. Public transport links to Arnhem are good as well. From the central station, SIDN is about fifteen minutes by bike, or you can take a bus.
Pay and other benefits
We're not secretive about things like pay and holidays. Why would we be? After all, SIDN offers really good packages. So we're happy to put our cards on the table. And we're not just talking about the little perks, like great coffee whenever you want it and a supply of fresh fruit for dipping into. We're confident that the pay and extras you'll get as Technical Application Manager will put a smile on your face. Take a look for yourself:
- Gross monthly salary of up to € 4,540
- Full reimbursement of travel expenses if you come to work by public transport
- Travel allowance of € 0.19 per kilometre if you come in by car
- Travel allowance of € 0.29 per kilometre for business travel
- A bonus of up to 4 per cent, depending on operating results
- 25 days' holiday, if you work full time
- A holiday allowance of 8 per cent, plus a year-end payment of 4 per cent
- An attractive pension with ABP, with an 80 per cent contribution from SIDN
- Education and training opportunities tailored to your wishes
- € 35 a month (gross) for your home broadband and € 25 a month (gross) towards your health insurance
Everything above is for a 38-hour week. You can work longer hours if you like. If you opt for a 40-hour week, you get thirteen extra days' leave.
Behind the scenes
Like the sound of the job?
Fancy the idea of joining our team? Give us a ring on +31 26 352 5500 or apply before Thursday 1 November 2018 using the form below. If there's anything you'd like to know about the job or about the application process, just ask:
About the application process:
Glenn RijmersHR employee +31 26 352 55 00