Why would we freeze your domain name?
- Because there's a dispute about the domain name, which is being considered under the .nl Dispute Resolution System.
- Because the domain name is the subject of an attachment or seizure order.
- Because the domain name has been pledged.
- Because we have another good reason. There might be another kind of dispute about the name, for example.
For details, see Articles 13 and 20 of the General Terms and Conditions for .nl Registrants.
When does freezing take effect?
We'll freeze a domain name as soon as we are told about the dispute, attachment, seizure or pledge. It always takes effect immediately. The same applies when it comes to unfreezing a name once the situation that led to it being frozen has changed.
II want to update/transfer my domain name, but I can't because it is subject to a limitation. What can I do?
Contact your registrar (hosting service provider) for assistance.
- Dispute Resolution Regulations for .nl Domain Names PDF document, (189 kb)
- Notes on the Dispute Resolution Regulations for .nl domain names.pdf PDF document, (60 kb)