What are the benefits?
- You can register domain names with us directly.
- You can use the Whois more often and you can get more detailed information from it.
- You will be invited to useful and enjoyable events, e.g. our Contact Day and the SIDN BBQ.
What are the conditions?
For full details, read the General Terms and Conditions for Registrars. A few important things to bear in mind:
- We can't set up more than one registrar account for each business in the Trade Register.
- Your registrar account has to be in the name of your business. Trading names are allowed as long as they are in the Trade Register.
- The person who signs the contract for you has to be named as a signatory in the Trade Register extract that you send us.
- We can refuse your application if you have been a registrar before and you didn't fulfil your obligations (e.g. you didn't pay us or you paid late).
What does it cost?
- There is a one-off enrolment fee of € 205, excluding VAT. For this you will receive a separate bill. We collect the amount from your account.
- Once your account is active, you pay a monthly registrar's fee of € 68.33, excluding VAT. The payments start once your account has been activated.
- You also pay for various registration activities, such as:
- Registering a domain name
- Reactivating a quarantined (cancelled) domain name
- Taking over all the domain names in another registrar's portfolio, or some of them
For a full list of fees and charges, e-mail email@example.com.
What's the enrolment procedure?
Enrolment involves six steps:
Download the enrolment form.
Complete the form.
It's important that the information you give is correct and that you don't miss anything out, e.g. your signature. By completing the form, you also authorise us to collect invoiced sums by direct debit.
Attach a register extract:
You need to let us have an extract from the Trade Register, Foundations Register or Associations Register, no more than six months old.
E-mail the form and the extract to firstname.lastname@example.org or post them to:
PO Box 5022
6802 EA ARNHEM
You will receive two e-mails in return.
We'll e-mail you as soon as your enrolment is complete. That can take up to five working days. In the first e-mail, you'll receive:
- Your registrar number
- Your log-in details for the DRS (Domain Registration System)
In the second e-mail there will be a link, which you can use to create a password for the registrars' website. The site is where you'll find everything you need to operate as a registrar.
Need more help?
If there's anything else you'd like to know, e-mail us any time at email@example.com.
What if we are based outside the Netherlands?
Organisations from other countries can enrol as registrars in much the same way as Dutch organisations. The procedure differs in two ways:
- You need to provide an extract from your country's equivalent of the Trade Register, Foundations Register or Associations Register. The extract has to be no more than six months old and written in Dutch or English.
- You don't have to pay VAT on your enrolment fee.
What's the difference between a registrar and an affiliate?
A registrar can register and update domain names, but an affiliate can't. Registrars can also use the Whois more often. They can submit more than five thousand Whois queries a day, whereas an affiliate can only make fifteen enquiries, like any member of the public.
Can we see the registration system manuals before enrolling?
Yes, just e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.