SIDN Labs is our research team
SIDN Labs aims to promote the operational security, resilience and privacy of the internet through world-class, measurement-based research and technology development, with a particular focus on the .nl TLD and SIDN’s services. The team is made up of technical experts in areas such as large-scale DNS and internet measurements, DNS protocols and systems, big-data storage and analytics, IoT security systems, and privacy protection mechanisms. We help SIDN’s operational teams, write open-source software, analyse large amounts of data, run experiments, write scientific papers and actively contribute to internet organisations such as the IETF, RIPE and ICANN. We also frequently collaborate with universities and other research labs, including the University of Twente, Delft University of Technology and NLnet Labs.
Lots of students do projects here
We like to help students who want to do research here as part of their final-year undergraduate programmes. We offer the chance to work amongst highly motivated internet experts, with the emphasis on two-way learning and the shared development of new insights.
What we expect from you
- You're excited by internet technology and the idea of contributing to the internet's security and resilience.
- Your conceptual skills are strong, but you're also fascinated by the operational details of mechanisms and systems.
- You can devise and evaluate solutions, based on measurements and the development of prototype software, for example.
- You're curious and able to work independently.
We work mainly with final-year university undergraduates on MSc programmes.
What you can expect from us
- The chance to do your dissertation at the heart of the Dutch internet industry
- Applied research work in an operational setting with a key role in Dutch society and the internet community
- Expert, motivated co-workers who'll provide guidance while also giving you ample scope for self-management
- Advanced tools to use for your research, such as our big data system ENTRADA
- A financial allowance and the use of a laptop for the duration of your project
Fancy doing your dissertation here? Drop a line to email@example.com.